(Dispelling the mindless drivel that black cats are bad luck)
1) You will be given lots of love. Black (and black/white or tuxedo cats) are just as affectionate and loving as their relatives of any other color. Actually, black cats are not really black, but very deep hues of other colors like brown, tabby or auburn.
2) They are beautiful and majestic. Black cats have just as much charm and charisma as their more colorful friends. Also their sleek, glossy dark coats are in beautiful contrast to their sparkling eyes of green, gold or blue.
3) They will match any home décor. You wouldn’t have to redecorate your house to coordinate with your cat. Black or black/white goes with everything!
4) Black cats are lucky. In Asia, Italy and England, black cats are believed to be good luck. In Scotland, a black cat appearing on your doorstep is a sign that you will be very prosperous. Black cats being bad luck is a superstition that should have died out with the Salem witch hunts, but amazingly, there are still people out there living in the dark ages. I have had black cats all my life, and have one now. A few months ago I found a $20 bill in the Walmart parking lot. Poor old unlucky me!! Let me guess; it just ran through some of your minds that I may be a witch, right? I will never tell!
5) You can be proud to be different, rather than following the crowd. Black cats have low adoption rates, mostly due to the asininity described in #4 above. When you choose to adopt a black or black and white cat, you are showing that you are not one of the dark ages crowd, are of above average intelligence, and think for yourself. More importantly, you’ll be giving a forever home to a cat who has likely been waiting longer for a home than their shelter friends. Experience has taught me that they will be eternally grateful and love you for it.
6) Shows that you choose your friends wisely. The kind of folks who have a fear of black cats caused by superstition are also those most likely to declare bankruptcy due to debt owed to California Psychics. Do not, dear hearts, align yourself with or befriend this brand of nincompoop!
7) Your life will change for the better. Just like people, all cats have individual personalities. Each cat has his/her own unique personality and temperament. Just like every other cat, or human, the blacks and black and whites just want to be loved and cared for, and they very much deserve that chance.